Gainesville Police Department currently has an opening for a qualified Staff Specialist to join our team. We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, detail-oriented individual with superior organizational skills who can perform administrative and staff support work of a moderately-complex nature and will provide support to middle to upper middle level managers.
***This is a readvertisement***
**If you have already applied for this position, you do not need to apply again**
Typical duties include:
- Assisting supervisor with administration
- Making travel arrangements and preparing itineraries for staff
- Preparing and updating rosters, personnel reports and meeting minutes
- Maintaining organization in the office to sustain an efficient and effective operation
- Tracking a variety of official documents relating to area of assignment
- Providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers
- Processing and following up on customer service requests
- Communicating policies, procedures, and other relevant information to internal and/or external customers
- Facilitating completion of projects and events throughout the department
To be considered for this position, candidates must possess an: Associate degree from an accredited college with major coursework in Secretarial Science, Administrative Assistance or related field or equivalent vocational/technical training and possess two (2) years of responsible administrative and staff support experience;
or graduation from an accredited high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma and three (3) years of responsible administrative work and staff support experience;
A Certified Administrative Professional (CAP) certificate or Certified Professional Secretary (CPS) certificate is preferred and may substitute for the Associate degree or equivalent vocational/technical training.
Requires a valid Florida Driver License
This position requires the following tests: Typing, City of Gainesville Word and City of Gainesville Excel (TWE). To schedule testing or for testing locations, please contact CareerSource North Central Florida at 352-244-5156.
Passing score of over 35 wpm NET for Typing and passing score of Moderate Knowledge and above for Microsoft Word and Excel may be delivered to the City of Gainesville's Human Resources/Organizational Development Department, 222 E. University Avenue (Old Library Building next to City Hall) or by fax including a cover sheet and the first page of each test to 352-334-2055 by 5:00 pm on Tuesday, October 1, 2019 to be considered for this position.
You will need to re-test if the tests you submitted are dated more than one year ago (before October 1, 2018) or if your current scores on file are not at or higher than 35 wpm NET for typing and an overall score of Moderate Knowledge or above for Microsoft Word and Excel. Call HR/OD at 352-334-5077 if you are unsure if your scores are still on file.
*May fill multiple positions
*May establish eligibility list
This is intermediate level, moderate to complex administrative and staff work support