This is an armed and uniformed security patrol officer position with a basic function of providing a secure environment for the students, staff and visitors of all Denver Public Schools and facilities and to protect all District property.
- Conduct security patrols of all Denver Public School District schools and facilities as assigned. Provide stationary security post duties as assigned.
- Respond to all calls directed to them by either the communications dispatchers or supervisory and management personnel of the Security Department. Conduct investigations of security matters.
- Enforce all School District rules and regulations and local, state, and federal laws and ordinances on District properties.
- Challenge trespassers, loiterers, errant vehicle operators and all others who create a safety and security risk to students and staff and threaten the overall security and integrity of the physical assets and property of the District.
- Apprehend and detain persons suspected of criminal activity on District properties within state, federal and local regulations.
- Insure that security supervisory and management personnel are notified in a proper and timely manner of breaches of security occurring on District properties or of information received that may create a security risk for District properties.
- Originate and file written reports utilizing computer aided reporting systems, regarding activities and incidents occurring on District properties and intelligence information received pertaining to security or criminal activity on properties or within the community.
- Develop close interaction and communication with all other members of the Security Department and law enforcement agencies.
- Exercise proper care and maintenance of all District owned or leased equipment including vehicles assigned to or utilized for duty.
- Insure the maintenance and good working order of DPS authorized firearms and maintain a high level of proficiency in the proper use of authorized weapons.
- Conform to all uniform, weapons, safety and Department requirements and those required by licensing authorities of the City and County of Denver, the state of Colorado and Federal agencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- The role of Patrol Officer requires shift rotation, it is a three shift operation (24/7). Qualified candidates must be available to work all three shifts throughout the school year rotation.
Health, Dental, and Vision Benefits available
Paid Holidays off