This is an hourly position, limited to working less than 67 days per year which will be utilized, as needed, to conduct thorough and objective pre-employment background investigations for all candidates of the Rochester Police Department to determine their suitability for employment.
Education and Experience
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must possess one of the following the following:
- High School graduate or equivalent and two years of post-secondary education in criminal justice, social work, human resources, paralegal or a related field.
- Two years of work experience as Police Sergeant, or higher, for a law enforcement agency.
- Four years fulltime employment experience as a licensed Peace Officer by the Minnesota Peace Officers Standards and Training Board (POST Board).
- Four years of experience performing pre-employment applicant investigative work for a governmental or contract investigative agency.
Licenses and Certifications
Valid Driver's License
Special Requirements for this opportunity are also listed in the job posting to include
Candidates hired are subject to an extensive background investigation including fingerprinting.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Not have any convictions for crimes that would prohibit licensure as a Peace Officer. See MN Stat 626.87 and MN RULES 6700.0700.
- Have reliable transportation (mileage will be reimbursed).
- Have your own personal computer with appropriate anti-virus and security software.
For more information and to apply online, please visit our website: www.rochestermn.gov