To learn more and apply go to www.anacortes.gov/jobs
Police Records/Staff Support
The City of Anacortes is establishing a Civil Service eligibility list for a Police Records/Staff Support Position. Candidates for this position must demonstrate the ability to type at 60 net words per minute with 95% accuracy. The first 30 applicants who submit a complete employment application AND documentation showing a passing score on a typing test will be invited to participate in a written, onsite exam. Oral board interviews and final interviews will follow all testing processes. Applications are due no later than Friday, September 13, 2019 by 12:00 PM (noon).
Position: Police Records/Staff Support
Reports to: Police Records Supervisor
Department: Anacortes Police Department
Classification: Regular, Full-Time, FLSA Non-Exempt (Hourly), Pension-Eligible, Insurance Benefits, Civil Service, Eligible for Membership with the Anacortes Police Services Guild (Non-Commissioned)
2019 Salary Range: $25.52 - $28.72 per hour
$4,422.64 - $4,977.71 per month
CLASS SUMMARY: Under direction, and within established guidelines, performs a variety of potentially confidential and sensitive job functions relating to clerical and police support activities; maintains and disseminates criminal police records according to the law; processes a variety of reports, records, court documents and information requests in support of police operations; provides assistance to the public.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATE REQUIREMENTS: Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate valid Washington State Patrol Law Access Certification Level II within six (6) months of employment. Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate valid CPR Certificate. Possession of a valid Washington State Driver's License.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Education, Training and Experience Guidelines:
1. Must be at least 18 years of age, AND
2. Possess High School Diploma or equivalent, AND
3. Increasingly responsible office support experience, preferably in Law Enforcement or related field, OR
4. An equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience that provides the incumbent to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
Knowledge of: Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite products. Modern office procedures and methods including computer and auxiliary equipment; Principles and procedures of record keeping; Correct English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation; Basic functions of Spillman Records Management System, and WACIC/NCIC. Pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes and ordinances regarding records dissemination and possession of weapons.
Ability to: Operate a variety of office equipment, including transcription, fingerprinting, and communications equipment. Utilize applicable software; Adhere to strict confidentiality requirements, when processing or accessing criminal records; Handle multiple tasks simultaneously while meeting established guidelines; Respond to requests and inquiries from the general public (including difficult customers), in a positive, courteous manner; Work independently in the absence of supervision; Prepare and maintain complex records, reports, and files; Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work; Conform and adhere to the Chain of Command Management System.
1. Typing Test: Candidates for this position must demonstrate the ability to type at least 60 net words per minute with 95% accuracy. Applicants must submit a copy of a recent typing test (taken August 1, 2019 or later) to the online City of Anacortes application in Word or PDF format. A link to the test score is insufficient. Typing tests are available at no cost online at a variety of websites, including: www.typingtest.com, www.learn2type.com, www.FreeTypingGame.net, and www.typingtutor.org. The copy of your test score must include: 1) words per minute, 2) net/adjusted words per minutes, 3) the accuracy rate, and 4) the date the test was taken. Typing tests submitted without these requirements will be marked as incomplete.
2. Application: Application instructions are available on the City of Anacortes website at: www.anacorteswa.gov/Jobs. Only the first 30 complete applications will be considered. Complete applications include: 1) City of Anacortes online application, 2) Cover Letter addressing interest in and qualifications for the position, 3) Resume, and 4) Typing Test results in Word or PDF format. The first 30 applicants who submit a complete application will be invited to continue in the recruitment process. Applications are due no later than Friday, September 13, 2019 by 12:00 PM (noon).
Computers to access typing test websites and/or to apply online are available on a walk-in basis at the Anacortes Public Library. For hours of operation visit their website at www.anacorteswa.gov/220/Library or call (360) 293-1910.
3. Written Test: The written test will occur on Monday, September 23, 2019 in the afternoon. It will include 100 questions which candidates will be allowed two (2) hours to complete. Please make advance arrangements to be available for testing on this date.
4. Oral Board Panel Interviews: The candidates with the highest test scores will be invited to an oral board panel interview in mid-October, specific date and time to be determined.
5. Final Interviews: Finalists from the oral board interviews will be invited to a second interview with the Chief of Police and the Police Records Supervisor.
MORE INFORMATION & QUESTIONS:
For more information please see the Records/Staff Support job description at: www.anacorteswa.gov/Jobs.
Please direct questions about this job posting to the City of Anacortes Human Resources Office:
(360) 588-8299, or email@example.com.
The City of Anacortes is an Equal Opportunity Employer.