About Legislative Council
Colorado Legislative Council Staff, the nonpartisan research agency of the Colorado General Assembly, is accepting applications for an Application Support Analyst to join our application development team. This team is responsible for maintaining and developing the information systems used by the General Assembly and its staff.
Description of Job
The position is full time, onsite, and the candidate must be a US resident.
Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
The preferred educational background is a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/Engineering/Math/Physics from an accredited university or equivalent work experience.
Your background and responsibilities:
- 5 or more years of experience of software application analysis and support
- Aptitude for, and interest in, attaining an extensive knowledge of applications, business processes, and end user needs
- Accurately comprehend user needs while providing personable and timely support of applications
- Analyze and determine root cause of issues and provide impact assessment
- Proactively contribute toward improving system stability, performance, and reliability
- Active participation in functional and technical design improvement discussions
- Organizing, reviewing, updating or creating technical support and end user documentation
- Train users on applications, new features, and changes
- Answering, researching, resolving and/or escalating issues or questions with tracking tickets
- Review of, and contribution toward, functional, technical, and design specifications
- Provide assistance with quality assurance planning and testing
- Assist with and/or perform thorough regression tests when applicable
- Miscellaneous tasks and assignments necessary for system support and maintenance
The ideal candidate should demonstrate the following traits:
- Aptitude and willingness to learn and master unfamiliar processes and/or technical concepts
- High attention to detail and well organized
- Eagerness to accept and complete assigned tasks
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively across cross-functional teams
- Ability to meet deadlines while multitasking across multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Aptitude and desire to mentor and share knowledge/ideas with colleagues and managers
- Ability to accurately discern, document, and follow oral instruction
- Excel with customer service, patience, and empathy with all levels of users
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
This announcement is open until the position has been filled.
Legislative Council Staff is an equal opportunity employer. Additional Information about Legislative Council Staff can be found at http://colorado.gov/lc
The State of Colorado offers permanent employees a variety of benefits including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, as well as a comprehensive leave program. Please click the following link for detailed information: www.colorado.gov/pacific/dhr/benefits
Please note that each agency's contact information is different; therefore, we encourage all applicants to view the full, official job announcement which includes contact information and class title. Select the job you wish to view, then click on the "Print" icon.