- Assists the chief with day-to-day functions of the department; enforces federal, state and local laws; and establishes a rapport with residents and businesses
- Responds to calls for service; completes reports; writes citations and parking tickets and takes appropriate actions to resolve issues; patrols assigned area; assists with crime scene security and processing; conducts follow-up investigations; and supports prosecution of criminal cases as required
- Makes court appearances; serves warrants/subpoenas; processes items and property into evidence; and performs all other duties as assigned
- Must be 21 years of age with a high school diploma or GED, and have successfully completed the SC basic law enforcement academy as a Class 1 law enforcement officer and be willing to give a minimum two-year commitment to the agency
- Must possess, or be able to obtain by time of hire, a valid SC driver's license without record of suspension or revocation in any state; must have the ability to meet the department's physical standards; and must be able to pass a rigorous background investigation and not have any criminal convictions or disqualifying criminal history
- Experience in supervision, highway interdiction, traffic enforcement, drug interdiction, investigations and be self-motivated, have good organizational skills, have the ability to follow direction and be able to work shifts as scheduled
How to apply: Applications are available in person at the Springfield Town Hall, 1505 Georgia St., Springfield, SC 29146, or email Chief T.J. Wilke at firstname.lastname@example.org noting your interest in the subject field.
The Town of Springfield is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen and various background investigations, which include criminal history, driving record, credit report, employment history, education verification and personal references. Acceptance of application is not a conditional offer of employment.