?Position hours: Full-time position, varying hours (typically Monday through Friday)
- Responds to and resolves calls for service and performs law enforcement duties by patrolling a local opportunity school to ensure the safety and security of persons and property
- Provides classroom instructions on a variety of topics including, but not limited to, narcotics, gang resistance, safety, relationship skills, deescalation techniques, conflict resolution and responsible decision making
- Serves as the initial first responder and school safety coordinator for school emergencies
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent and a valid a South Carolina driver's license
- Must possess Class 1 law enforcement certification from the SC Criminal Justice Academy with a minimum of two years of law enforcement experience
- Preference will be given to officers that currently possess SRO certification through the SCCJA or other SRO certifications and training
Pay info: Dependent upon qualifications
How to apply: Applications are available online at www.springdalesc.com/documents-and-forms or at the Town of Springdale Police Department, 2915 Platt Springs Road, West Columbia, SC 29170. Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Town of Springdale is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen and various background investigations that may include criminal history, driving record, credit report, employment history, education verification and personal references.