Are you seeking more than a paycheck? Do you want to serve your community in a way that's friendly, composed, and professional?
At Jeffco, we are looking for customer-focused individuals just like you who take pride in their work, have an eye for detail, and believe in a positive attitude. Whether you are coming from a job where travel is mandatory, or leaving a company with an overwhelming schedule, you can find a better quality of life working with the Jeffco community. We offer exciting benefits such as flex time, generous holiday schedules, and regular business hours so you can stay put, spend more time with family, and enjoy all the amenities Jefferson County has to offer!
The Child Support Supervisor plans, organizes and directs the work of a Child Support Services Team.
Child Support Services ensures all children receive financial and medical support from each parent. This is accomplished by locating each parent, establishing paternity and support obligations, and enforcing those obligations. Jefferson County offers child support services to custodial parents, non-custodial parents, and legal guardians.
The Child Support Supervisor:
- Is an integral leader on the Child Support Services Management Team
- Develops and allocates resources to provide leadership and effective direct supervision for daily activities of staff.
- Identifies "best practices" and creates innovative enhancements through analyzing statistics and understanding mandated legal compliance and updates.
- Empowers staff to identify customers' barriers and make referrals to Agency and Community resources to maximize "wrap-around" services.
- Develops and applies standards of performance, action plans, and quality control.
- Formulates, modifies and updates policies and procedures as needed.
- Participates and represents the Child Support Program on committees, task forces, and community and agency partnerships.
- Remains informed about resources and provides updates to staff and peers.
- Recruits, interviews, and makes corrective action through coaching, training, and/or disciplinary action.
Skills, knowledge, and attributes that will lead to success in this role include:
- Strong leadership, mentorship, and/or supervision skills.
- Ability to communicate and align team with the mission and vision of Child Support Services, Human Services, and Jefferson County.
- Demonstrating an open mindset, resiliency, and forward thinking
- Serving as a change agent and can capitalize on potential of the team.
- Child Support Program knowledge.
- Bachelor's degree in one of the Behavioral Science fields
- Minimum three years related work experience
- At least one year of supervisory or strong leadership/mentorship experience
- Two years of Child Support Enforcement Program experience
- OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
Offer of employment contingent on criminal history check and education verification.
PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM FILTERS! Please be aware, due to increased security features added to many email providers, it is possible any email correspondence sent from us under "govermentjobs.com" or "Jeffco.us" could be sent to your spam folder. We encourage applicants to regularly check their status on governmentjobs.com to see if any updates have been made to their employment status (such as a request for an interview).
If you do not receive the confirmation message within a few minutes of completing an application with us. Please check your Bulk/Spam or Junk E-Mail folder just in case the confirmation email got delivered there instead of your inbox. If so, select the confirmation message and mark it Not Spam/Junk, which should allow future messages to get through. Please note that any additional messages may come from a different email address and all notices regarding employment will come from governmentjobs.com or Jeffco.us email addresses.
If additional action is required and you are unsure of the validity of the request, please call the HR department at 303-271-8400 and ask for the Talent Acquisition Specialist recruiting for this role. Depending on your settings, spam filters may block certain emails originating from unknown accounts.
We appreciate your due diligence and thank you again for your interest in Jefferson County!
Recruitment Process: You are able to see your status and any communication when you log into your profile via http://jeffco.us/jobs or www.governmentjobs.com. Listed below are the steps in our recruiting process:
- Once the job bulletin has closed, the Talent Acquisition Team evaluates all applications based on the minimum requirements listed in the qualifications section of the job bulletin (Status: Application Evaluation OR Does not meet minimum qualifications).
- The Talent Acquisition Team reviews applications for the preferred skills (Status: Comparative Review). While these skills aren't a requirement for the position, they will contribute to the success of the new hire in this role. These skills are scored and the highest scoring applicants will be forwarded to the next step.
- The next step includes the hiring team reviewing applications and deciding who to contact for a phone screen/interview (Status: Manager Review). The number of applications forwarded for Manager Review depends on the hiring teams request and can range from 10 applications to everyone who meets minimum requirements; not everyone who makes it to Manager Review is guaranteed an interview.
- If the hiring team wishes to speak with you further, they will reach out to you via phone call or email using the contact information listed on your application. Some positions will be utilizing an online scheduling tool through governmentjobs.com and you may receive an email requesting you to log in and select an interview time. It is important that you are receiving our emails as we do not want you to miss out on an opportunity.
The time frame for contacting applicants depends on the hiring team's schedule/work load and how many applications were referred for manager review. Please note that Jefferson County receives on average over 100 applications per job bulletin. The status stating Manager Review will be the last status update until the position has been filled and you will be notified at that time.
Thank you for your patience and for your interest in Jefferson County Government! We wish you success through this process. Don't forget to sign up for Job Interest Alerts through http://jeffco.us/jobs to get email alerts for positions you are interested in.
Information about Jeffco!
A career with Jefferson County Government offers the best candidates career growth and a diverse workforce. More than a paycheck, your job enriches the lives of the citizens of Jefferson County. Jefferson County offers great benefits, plentiful holidays, and now is a major stop along RTD's Light Rail West Line.
Living and working in Jefferson County offers the quintessential Colorado lifestyle sought after by many. Residents enjoy easy access to mountain activities such as hiking, skiing and rafting, while also being able to take advantage of the eclectic amenities offered by the greater metropolitan Denver area.
Located at the heart of the foothills of Golden, city life, bike paths, hiking and adventure are just a step away. When you're ready to learn, grow, and make a contribution to your community, find your career with us.