Join our team! The City of Everett is actively hiring quality lateral police officers in 2019. Everett, population 108,000, is the county seat of Snohomish County, Washington. Located about 25 miles north of Seattle, Everett is a Pacific-Rim city situated on Port Gardner Bay.
Why work for Everett Police Department?
- Competitive Wages
- Pitman Work Schedule
- Uniforms, firearms, and duty gear provided
- Boot Allowance for Patrol Assignments, Boot and Clothing Allowance for Plainclothes Assignments
- Dry Cleaning Benefit
- Medical and Dental Benefits
- City Match on Deferred Compensation
- Laterals accrue vacation based on total years of qualifying law enforcement service
- LEOFF 2 Pension Plan
- Floating Holidays
- Holiday Bank
- 4% Specialty Pay Incentive for Select Assignments
Everett Police Officers perform a wide variety of law enforcement activities including patrol of designed areas of City on foot, bike, motorcycle, or automobile. What could you see yourself doing in three to five years?
- Downtown Bike Patrol
- Training Officer
- Marine Unit - Dive Team
- K-9 Unit
- Hostage Negotiator
- Major Crimes Unit
- Property Crimes Unit
- School Resource Officer
Follow the link to more specialty assignments that you may find attractive. For a full description of this position, please see the class specification on the City's Website
- A minimum of twenty-four (24) months of the last thirty-six (36) months of full-time paid service as a sworn police officer in a civilian governmental jurisdiction with extensive patrol experience by application date AND ability to successfully complete the Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission Equivalency Examination within one (1) year after employment. Out-of-state applicants must possess the necessary training and experience to become certified in accordance with Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission standards.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain prior to employment, a valid Washington State Driver License.
- Attainment of the age of 21 years by the application date.
- Excellent physical condition.
- Not on the current eligible register for Experienced Police Officer, per Everett's Civil Service Rule 2.12.
- Employment in this class requires compliance with all associated fitness standards and requirements as well as a satisfactory background check, FBI record check, polygraph (lie detector) exam, and psychological evaluation. Hiring offers are contingent upon successful completion of a City-paid LEOFF medical evaluation and medical history review that may include back x-rays and will include drug screening.
- Those applicants claiming Veterans Preference must upload a copy of their DD214 Form with the employment application materials.
- This job classification is represented by Everett Police Officers Association.