Senior level leadership position responsible for assisting with the administration, management and direction of the police department. Assists and supports the Police Chief in the planning, coordination and supervision of personnel. Provides leadership to influence department members to excel within the community policing philosophy. Responsible for ensuring police protection to the City at all times. The Deputy Police Chief assumes responsibility for the department in the absence of the Police Chief.
- Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice or closely related field
- Seven (7) years of experience working in a public law enforcement agency
- Three (3) years of administrative and supervisory experience
- Valid Minnesota POST Board license
- Valid MN Driver's License
to obtain an application and job description. Completed applications are due by Wednesday, August 14, 2019, no later than 4:00 pm.
All submissions require a cover letter, resume, city application and responses to supplemental questions. Direct correspondence to: City of Wayzata, Human Resources, 600 Rice Street East, Wayzata, MN 55391 or firstname.lastname@example.org