YORK COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE, Maine
Applications are being accepted until Friday, July 26, 2019 @ 4:30pm
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Enforces federal and state laws, court orders, and warrants.
- Conducts investigations and writes reports on incidents involving area of duty.
- Patrols assigned areas to detect and prevent crime; answers calls for service and assistance.
- Investigates criminal complaints and accidents; conducts crime and accident scene analysis.
- Enforces motor vehicle laws by stopping violators and taking appropriate enforcement action.
- Assists investigators and personnel from the District Attorney's office in the preparation of cases for trial; testifies in court.
- Prepares timely and accurate reports; reviews investigative, arrest, accident, and supplemental reports for accuracy.
- Questions witnesses and complainants; investigates suspects.
- Attends community meetings; organizes neighborhood watches; makes presentations to churches, schools, civic organizations, and business leaders; participates in agency volunteer programs.
- Writes and executes search warrants; serves warrants, court orders, and subpoenas.
- Maintains assigned vehicle, firearms, and other equipment.
- Directs traffic as needed.
- Collects and maintains evidence; ensures proper chain of custody.
- U.S. Citizen
- HS diploma or GED
- Be 21 years of age at the date of hire l
- No criminal record
- Possess a valid driver's license w/acceptable motor vehicle record
- Able to read and write at a level necessary to master the law enforcement basic training course
- Good character and reputation
1 unless the applicant has an associate degree or 60 credit hours of post-secondary education in which case the applicant must be at least 20 years of age.
York County Sheriff's Office is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Maine Criminal Justice Academy full-time law enforcement officer certification or full-time law enforcement officer from another state that is accepted by the MCJA
Applicants Must Successfully Complete:
Pre-Screen Interview, Oral Interview(s), Background Investigation, Physical Agility Test, Medical Screening, Psychological Screening, Polygraph Examination, and Firearms Qualification.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive wages with lateral entry consideration ($47,424.00 to $53,248) and full benefit package inclusive with a new county health insurance plan, county issue police vehicle, and retirement options.
You must provide the complete application package (listed below);
- Application for Employment Form
* *Applications are being accepted until Friday, July 26, 2019 @ 4:30pm**
The ENTIRE application package may be mailed or dropped off at the YORK COUNTY SHERIFF'S
OFFICE, One Layman way, Alfred, Maine 04002; 207-324-1113 Monday through Friday 8:30 - 4:30 PM. The application can be found online by downloading only and printing from the county website: http://www.yorkcountymaine.gov (Sheriff's Office) *DO NOT submit online.