Position hours: Full-time position, monthly rotating 12-hour shifts, 6 a.m. - 6 p.m./6 p.m. - 6 a.m.
- Performs general duty police work to protect the life and property of Newberry residents through enforcement of laws and ordinances
- Patrols the city, conducts investigations, prepares cases for court, prepares various reports and assists residents to protect life and property through the enforcement of laws and ordinances
- Works in high-risk, stressful situations while protecting the residents of Newberry and enforcing local, state and federal laws and regulations
- Requires an associate degree in criminal justice, business or relevant field, along with one to two years of experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities or an equivalent combination of skills, experience and education
- Must have successfully completed or demonstrated aptitude and ability to complete the required courses and certifications by the SC Criminal Justice Academy; may be required to pass additional certifications as deemed by the City of Newberry; and must pass entry-level written exam and physical/agility test
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a valid SC driver's license
Pay info: Noncertified officer: $31,473 annually; certified Class 1 law enforcement officer: $33,953 - $43,856 annually; SC certified law enforcement officer eligible for up to $5,000 retention bonus
How to apply: For a complete job description and to download an application, visit www.cityofnewberry.com/careers. Send completed applications to email@example.com; fax to 803.321.2609; or mail to City of Newberry, Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 538, Newberry, SC 29108.
Deadline: July 31
The City of Newberry is an Equal Opportunity Employer.