The Northern York County Regional Police Department is currently recruiting new police officers. All candidates must have completed Act 120 academy (or graduating by September 1, 2019), or be an out of state police officer that has successfully completed the MPOETC Certification Exam.
If you are interested in being a part of this process please email Deputy Chief David Lash at firstname.lastname@example.org. You should include a resume with your email. All candidates that meet the general requirements listed below will be notified of available dates and times for interviews. There is no fee to participate in this process. Inquiries will be accepted until August 15, 2019.
The Northern York County Regional Police Department provides police services to approximately 70,000 people in eight municipalities (six townships and two boroughs) covering 145 square miles of York County. The Department has an authorized strength of 54 sworn members.
2019 starting salary is $57,505.98. Fully tenured officers (9 years) are making $95,843.29 in 2019. We are a progressive department with excellent opportunities for specialized training and advancement.
General Requirements for the position of Police Officer:
1. Citizen of the United States.
2. Must be twenty-one (21) years of age prior to appointment.
3. No civilian or military criminal history of misdemeanor or felony crimes; summary and/or ordinance arrest and convictions will be examined and may be cause for rejection.
4. Must be in good physical health, with weight in proportion to height.
5. Must obtain or have a valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License prior to appointment.
6. Must reside within fifteen (15) miles of police jurisdiction within one year of appointment.
7. Must be Act 120 certified or have recently graduated from a MPOETC academy prior to appointment.
8. Must not have tattoos, intentional scarring, branding or other mutilation visible when wearing a short sleeve uniform shirt with an open neck.
For more information on the Northern York County Regional Police Department, visit http://nycrpd.org.
Additional questions can be directed to Deputy Chief David Lash at email@example.com
The Northern York County Regional Police Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer.