Essential Job Functions
***$95,000 Annually / Depends on Qualifications***
Responsible for managing the full lifecycle of Information Technology projects or programs including leading the project team, requirements gathering, initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, controlling, closing, and customer service handover while acting as the primary interface to the Project Sponsor and/or Project Steering Committee.
- Manages both complex and intermediate-level projects to ensure successful and consistent delivery on scope, budget, and schedule.
- Leads and builds relationships with project teams in a functional matrix organization.
- Identifies knowledge and performance gaps in Project Management and recommends solutions and best practices to improve Project Management Office (PMO) practices and standards.
- Authors and communicates necessary project documentation to include the project charter, scope statement, project management plan, work breakdown structures, network diagram, risk management, schedule, budget, and related documents for the success of the project..
- Develops project scope of work and necessary documents for request for proposal (RFP) procurement processes. Defines clear deliverables necessary to meet the project objectives and business value. Manages activities in conjunction with the Procurement Department RFP process.
- Develops and maintains the project/program schedule utilizing best practices.
- Develops project budgets with management; manages project cost tracking throughout the project lifecycle.
- Performs requirements gathering, develops and maintains a requirements traceability matrix to ensure project goals are clear and deliverables are being met with desired outcomes.
- Initiates, coordinates, and conducts project meetings documenting decisions and mitigation. Identifies and coordinates areas for further research and development that are critical to project completion and delivery; prepares and leads contingency plans for issues that may arise.
- Utilizes the PMO's knowledge base, procedures, structure, and Knowledge Performance Indices (KPIs) to guide and complete projects; suggests improvements to PMO's processes by sharing project experiences.
- Manages contracts by monitoring contracted resources, deliverables, invoicing, and implementation.
- Creates resource plans, estimates resource requirements for all work packages and project deliverables, and monitors resource planning throughout project lifecycle.
- Develops and monitors project risks and risk management plans.
- Develops and delivers professional communication plans and stakeholder management plans. Coordinates and executes necessary Sponsor Meetings and Executive Steering Committee meetings.
- Develops and executes change management/organizational transition management plans.
- Establishes relationships with businesses to successfully implement the Organizational Change Management Plan by setting expectations for all stakeholders from initiation to closing.
- Initiates project change requests as needed to manage scope with the business; appropriately controls scope creep.
- Develops project quality plans and ensures project quality standards are being met. Reviews and accepts project deliverables.
- Consistently and professionally communicates project progress, status, and risks to stakeholders, peers, supervisors, and the IT senior management team.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Project Management, Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field required.
- Minimum eight (8) years experience managing complex, high risk, and multi-disciplinary projects of similar scope in a large enterprise business environment.
- Extensive knowledge and application of standard project management processes and best practices for Waterfall and/or Agile approaches.
- Must have strong organizational skills and possess high attention to detail.
- Ability to successfully interact and sustain working relationships with stakeholders, sponsors, and technical team members.
- Ability to manage project stakeholders with respect, tact, and diplomacy.
- Ability to successfully manage one (1) - two (2) large projects and three (3) - six (6) medium/small projects at one time.
- Knowledge of El Paso County standards, operations, and processes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to write and produce clear and concise written reports with attention to grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Ability to present information in a professional, formal setting.
- High level of knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the education and experience requirements above.
- Must pass conditional post offer background investigation, drug screen, and motor vehicle record check.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Colorado Driver's License.
- Project Management Professional (PMI-PMP) Certification and/or Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) issued by Project Management Institute required.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment; some travel required.
This job announcement is not intended to be inclusive of all functions, responsibilities and qualifications associated with the position, however, representative of the essential job functions and typical criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the position.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE AT: http://www.elpasoco.com For inquiries please call: 719-520-7401.
Each applicant is considered only for the current vacancy indicated on your application. It is the responsibility of the applicant to monitor any future openings and to submit a separate application for each position. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Any new employee and rehires must provide documentation of authorization to work as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (PL99-603).
EL PASO COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER