Under the direction of the GIS Coordinator, the GIS Technician is primarily responsible for developing GIS and Transit data for the City of Mankato and its regional partners. The GIS Technician works on a variety of GIS data collection/development, analysis, maintenance and data preparation for internal and external customers.
- High school diploma or GED, and two (2) years of formal preparation/training/education in GIS, CAD, surveying, engineering technology, or similar field, and four years of related experience; OR bachelor's degree and two (2) years of related experience.
- Must have experience using ESRI ArcGIS (10.6 or greater) /ArcGIS Pro 2.2.
- Bachelor's degree in GIS, Geography, Computer Science or related field and, experience using ESRI ArcGIS Server, databases, preferably in MS SQL, Computer Aided Design (CAD), Microsoft Access, and Microsoft Excel.
- Strong background in GPS data collections and understanding of basic field mapping principles.
- Experience with Terrasync and Pathfinder applications on Trimble handheld GPS units.
- Understanding of open source transit mapping applications, Google Transit, Apple Maps Transit Data, and Bing Maps �Transit.
- Experience with Python 2.7 or higher. With working knowledge of ArcPy and creating script tools.
More information and to apply: https://www.mankatomn.gov/jobs
Contact Person: Diane Biedscheid, Human Resources, (507) 387-8664
Deadline: Wednesday, May 22, 2019-11:59pm