The Senior Communications Officer is responsible for supervising communications officers in the absence of the shift supervisor, for receiving emergency and administrative calls from the public, and for dispatching appropriate emergency personnel.
- Coordinates efforts of phone company, county mappers, and public agencies.
- Receives, monitors, and dispatches radio communications traffic for Police, EMS, Fire, and Sheriff=s Departments throughout the county, including all 911 calls.
- Dispatches the appropriate emergency personnel to incident locations; provides emergency medical instructions to callers prior to the arrival of emergency personnel as appropriate.
- Maintains a continuous log of incoming telephone and radio calls; logs incoming calls for participating agencies.
- Performs Emergency Medical Dispatch on all medical calls as needed.
- May serve in the absence of the supervisor.
- Performs the duties of a Communications Officer.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent.
- Ability to hear and understand sound sources coming through a communications headset and/or radio and/or standard telephone receiver. Have the ability to hear and understand other outside sound sources while wearing a communications headset (i.e., the ability to hear sound sources not coming through the headset, ability to hear out of both ears.
- One (1) year experience as a communications officer or dispatcher.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain GCIC/NCIC certification.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain CPR and EMD certification.
The successful candidate must pass a Background/Reference Check, and Pre-Employment Drug Screenings prior to the start of employment.
Habersham County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
: All applicants must complete the Habersham County Communications Officer Employment Application which can which can be downloaded from our website www.habershamga.com
and emailed to email@example.com
. You may also submit your application along with supporting documents to the Human Resources Department, Administration Building 130 Jacob's Way, Room 301, Clarkesville, GA 30523. For more information please call (706) 839-0214.