JOB SUMMARY: The City of Cartersville FiberCom Department has immediate need for an Application Support Analyst with a strong Information Technology background to manage/maintain the City's current and future database needs.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend tools used to optimize use/application development, identifying/recommending performance enhancement.
- Identify/develop educational materials for users of database resources.
- Maintain knowledge of database software market necessary to develop database software systems to meet users needs.
- Act as liaison with database, financial, banking, customer service and other software vendors that have interaction with the city pertaining to the databases.
- Resolve problems/issues that might cause crisis situations for users of database systems.
- Coordinates all activities with other members of Information Technology team, including sharing of technical database knowledge.
- Assist City Departments with special projects, including business application analysis and reporting needs.
- Assist with installation/maintenance of City information network, including various servers, PC's/laptops/tablets, storage devices, software installation/updates, etc.
- Provide on-call support for database users may require nights, holidays and weekends.
- Coordinates database changes with team and end users, including coding, testing, and implementation. Perform offline testing of application upgrades.
- Formulate/Develop policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management.
- Ability to write standard operating procedures.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Knowledge of regulations, policies and procedures relevant to the function of the position.
- Knowledge of PC/server operating systems.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws in areas applicable to city government and law enforcement.
- Ability to learn new processes and adapt to set policies and procedures.
- Skill in establishing priorities and organizing work.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and Dynamics GP.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Information Management or combination of college degree or four (4) or more years of experience with database analysis and report writing preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or experience in Structured Query Language (SQL), SQL Server report writing and Crystal reporting.
- Demonstrated problem resolution/decision making skills in a multi-location server environment where a degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Interested in applying? Please submit a letter of interest and resume/application to Human Resources at HR@cityofcartersville.org or in person at 1 N. Erwin St. Cartersville, GA 30120. Please direct any questions to Human Resources 770-387-5619.